Friday, March 20, 2009

Good Morning!

By now some of you are probably noticing my lack of posts lately, I have a lot on my mind these days and I promise things will get back to normal soon. I know it's really not much of an excuse but I can't really go into more details at this point.

I needed a Birthday card for my husband's niece who's turning 4 next week. This card isn't really my style and I made a few mistakes but I figure she's only 4, like she'll notice, lol.

You'll notice that on the top of the cake there's a scallop edge. I simply took my scallop circle punch and the regal rose cardstock to punch it out, then I trimmed it so that I'm left with about 1/3 of the actual scallop circle. Next I added dazzling diamonds to that part of the cake as well as some parts of the balloons. I think glitter and pink go so well for a little girls birthday card! I also attached small pieces of hemp twin using glue dots to the back of the balloons and then tying the three pieces together with the ribbon.

Recipe:
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Whisper White, DSP-Unkown
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red,
Other: Dazzling Diamonds, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Hemp Twine, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: