Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cardmaking blitz

Hi everyone, I hope everyone had a great weekend, either relaxing, camping or gardening, or whatever it is that you like to do on a long weekend, lol. I am busy getting ready for a big community garage sale this weekend. I'm also trying to get my name out there with Stampin' Up so I plan on having a SU table set up and also try to sell some of my cards. So this week I'll have to make cards for upcoming holidays, like Father's day, weddings, birthdays, etc. This morning I made two each of two styles for Father's day. I think they turned out nicely.

This first card is made using the Light Unto my Path stamp set, I've struggled with using this set, trying to get the dimensions to look right on a card. But I think I've finally figured out that going with a 5x5 square card makes it a lot easier to use.

Recipe:
Stamps: Light Unto My Path
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, DSP- Urban Oasis, Chatterbox from the LSS
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Hemp Twine, Jumbo eyelets

On the second card I used the All Holidays set and embossed the image by stamping in versamark and then straight into my Chocolate Chip ink pad. Otherwise it's a very basic card.

Recipe:
Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, DSP-To The Nines
Other: Jumbo brads, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Deb said...

these are gorgeous, especially the Light Unto My Path card, I love the layout and the use of the jumbo brads.

Jami said...

Just scrolling through your blog fo rthe first time - you really do lovely work! That Light Unto My Path card really caught my eye - LOVE it!!! TFS!