Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm Such a Bad Blogger

What a busy life we lead, I've been neglecting my blog lately and I'm hoping to get back into it. Blogging really is my therapy and I hate to let it slide. We've had a number of things to do lately in our lives and before you know it, a week's gone by and still no posts.

As some of you probably read in some earlier posts, we've been house hunting. And I'm happy to say that the search is over. We bought a house that is literally across the street from where we're living now, this should be a relatively easy move, lol. It's a fairly new house and the previous owners never finished the basement, so we'll have a good sized project to tackle this winter. But when it's all done, I will once again have my very own craft room, yeah! I am so excited that I'll be able to sit down any time I want and create a card, it's amzing what that does for your mojo!

Well onto my cards. I've been in such a creative rut lately and I think I finally broke out of it today. Don't you hate it when you make a card and you're just not satisfied with it?! I finally had a day where I ended up liking both cards. Both of my cards today are made using the Echos of Kindness set, this is one of the hostess sets that will be retiring by the end of this month.

Stamps: Echos of Kindness, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, DSP-Bella Bleu
Ink: Basic Black, NQN, Mellow Moss
Other: Kraft Ribbon, Pretties Kit

This next card was a lot of fun to make. It is using my "comfort" colors but I feel like it's different then my usual. The flowers are from the pretties kit and I used my brayer to color them in kiwi kiss, such an easy way to tint your flowers. The picture doesn't really show it well, but I did run the background kraft cs through one of SU's texture plates. I love adding texture to my cards, which I'm sure most people have guessed already since almost every card has some sort of embossing on it, lol.

Stamps: Echoes of Kindness
Paper: Basic Black, Kraft, Kiwi Kiss, Vellum Cardstock, DSP-Urban Garden
Ink: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss
Other: Black Brads

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: