Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm back, finally

Well we're all moved into our new place and I hope I don't have to move for at least another 10 years! Luckily this move was just across the street instead of 12 hours like our last two moves were, waaaaaaaaaay easier, lol.

And wouldn't you know it, in the midst of moving I got the Delightful Decorations set that was back ordered. This set was taunting me every time I walked by it. Finally today I went and grabbed what I needed and made today's card. It doesn't feel finished yet so I'm sure I'll brainstorm all day until I figure out something to make this card feel finished.

Today's card is a Christmas card using non traditional colours and some of the new stuff out of the Holiday mini that will be available Sept 1. As soon as I saw the designer paper I knew I wanted to make a card using this combination. Although I want to make this card again and throw in some red, I think maybe that's what this card needs. I first stamped the ornaments in Soft Suede and then lightly dabbed the new shimmer paint on top using a sponge. Wow, I LOVE this stuff. It's going to be so perfect for making Christmas cards, it adds just the right amount of sparkle.

Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, DSP- Christmas Cocoa
Ink: Soft Suede
Other: Gold Cording, Shimmer Paint

Thanks for stopping by!
Tina

1 comment:

MariAnne said...

What a cool christmas color. It's so different, I love it.