Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My New Best Friend...

The new Shimmer Paint out of the mini! Lol, had you wondering? I am addicted to this stuff, I can barely make a Christmas card without this stuff now!

This is a card that I couldn't wait to make. The idea came to me one day and as soon as I could I sat down to make it. I first punched out the snowflakes using Very Vanilla cardstock. Then using a sponge I dabbed the new white shimmer paint on, it gives the snowflakes a very pearly look. I also took the champagne mist and mixed it with rubbing alcohol. I sprayed that on the very Vanilla cardstock behind the focal piece. You can sort of see the shimmer at the top of the Very Vanilla piece. So shimmery in real life, LOVE it! For those of you that want to try this technique, it's about a ratio of 6 parts alcohol to 1 part paint. Or about 8 drops of paint to
1oz of alcohol.

After that it was just a matter of adhering all the layers and adding the halfback pearls, I think they add just the right finishing touch to the card.

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, DSP- Christmas Cocoa
Ink: Soft Suede
Other: Snowflake Punch, White Shimmer Paint, Champagne shimmer Paint, Halfback Pearls

Thanks for stopping by!
Tina

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I love this card. It is gorgeous! And your photography is spectacular. It really showcases the beauty of your cards.