Friday, January 22, 2010

Valentine Fever

Isn't it crazy how we crafters go from one holiday to the next! We're ordering Christmas stuff in October, Valentine's in December, Easter in February, etc. But what would we stamp without all these holidays to keep us busy! Lol.

I saw this cute idea in the blog world and I thought it might make great teacher/co-worker gifts. You can find these cute little heart shaped boxes at almost any store, these have the cartoon characters on the front. But since they get covered it doesn't really matter what the outside looks like, buy whatever is in your budget. I think I'll hunt for boxes where you can remove the chocolate lining on the inside so that I could put my own baked goodies in there.

I first traced the heart on to the designer paper and cut it out and then lightly sanded the box itself so that the glue would have something to hold on to. I used our sanding blocks to lightly sand the edges so that they were nice and smooth. And than all you do is decorate to your liking. I used the scallop evelope die and punched/cut out a bunch of hearts so that they could spill out of the envelope, just like a card I posted earlier. Some of the hearts are on dimmensionals. Wrap the heart in ribbon and glue the envelope on and you're all set!

Stamps: I (heart) Hearts, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Real Real, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, DSP-Sending Love
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Other: Real Red Corduroy Buttons, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon

Have a great day, and kiss the ones you love!
Tina

No comments: