Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Embossed Tree Trimmings

I'm a little late with dinner today so I thought that would be the perfect to post my card while waiting.
I am such a strange stamper, I buy a bunch of the new stamps out of the new Holiday mini and then what do I get inspired to use? Last year's stamp sets, lol. Go figure, I LOVE the stuff in the new mini but suddenly I'll see a colour combo or sketch that I really want to try and it just so happens that one of my other stamp sets is perfect for the project.

This card started as a case, but I ended up changing it so much that it's definitely my own, hehe. I stamped the ornaments with versamark and then used white embossing powder. I coloured the insides of the ornaments with Baja Breeze which kind of looked greenish when I was done. I originally was going to use Baja Breeze Ribbon and cardstock instead of the green but I'm so happy I went with the green, love that ribbon! I used White Craft ink to soften the edges of the Crumb Cake cardstock and then to finish it off I sprayed the front piece with shimmer paint, you can see a little of it in the picture, I dread the day Stampin' Up! is going to retire the shimmer paints!

Stamps: Tree Trimmings, Tiny Tags
Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake
Ink: Versamark, Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke
Other: Shimmer Paint, Always Artichoke Seam Binding

Have a great day!
Tina

3 comments:

Amanda Corbet said...

This is so PRETTY! I love how simple yet elegant it is. Thank you for sharing your wonderful work!
Amanda
www.kraftingkreations.blogspot.com

michelle said...

I really like the look of the shimmer paint. How do you use it? It is the same thing as the smooch spray? I haven't used either so I don't know anything about either product.

Tina said...

Thank you! The shimmer paint gives you a softer more even coverage where the smooch is a little more blotchy. To use the shimmer paint you can either dab it on with a sponge (a makeup sponge works well) or I like to create a shimmer mist, it gives me a more subtle shimmer perfect for when you're spraying over your main image panel.

Pour about 1 Tbsp of rubbing alcohol in a small spray bottle, then add about 10 drops of shimmer paint, I use the champagne. Test it by praying paper a few times, adding more shimmer paint if it doesn't sparkle very much.

Hope that helps!