Friday, September 17, 2010

Frosty Flakes

I don't know how the weather is in your neck of the woods but here it's definitely feeling like Autumn has come. The mornings are quite chilly, I've even turned on the furnace a couple of mornings now! Brrr, but just means that my favourite time of year is just around the corner, yup you guessed it...Christmas!

I bought this snowflake embossing folder waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Stampin' Up! started selling them, and wouldn't you know it, this is only my second time using it. You know how you buy something and afterwards you just can't get it to look ok on a card? Well that's what kept happening with this folder, until of course I saw this card on the web. I believe this card case is from Laura Schmidlin but I could be wrong.

I ran the Crumb Cake cardstock through my bigshot with the embossing folder, and then using a sponge I lightly rubbed white craft ink over the raised snowflakes. In the photo it looks like I got the craft ink over the entire piece but the snowflakes are a little whiter then the rest. I think next time I would use my brayer and see if that would help to get mostly just the raised snowflakes inked with the white craft ink.

Stamps: Bright Christmas
Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black
Ink: White Craft Ink, Basic Black
Other: Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, Hemp Twine

Thanks for stopping by!
Tina

4 comments:

Helen said...

I like how your card turned out.

Allison said...

This is stunning! Love the choice of colours and ribbon!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I have a Paisley Folder that I bought years ago and have never gotten on a card. Maybe you'll inspire me ;) Love your card. I'm a sucker for Crumb Cake! TFS.

Daria said...

I love the color scheme you used. BEAUTIFUL CARD.