Thursday, January 6, 2011

Because I Care

Good morning! The kids are back in school, the house is quiet and I have a card to share. Life is officially back to normal, wohoo!

There's not much to say about today's card, I embossed the flower with white embossing powder. I wanted to use the reinker technique on the flower but I didn't feel like getting a water spritzer out so I used my white shimmer spray instead. Definitely not the reinker technique since the alcohol dries so quickly, but it did make the rose very shimmery, lol. I think I might go back yet and add some shading to the rose for depth.


Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Because I Care, En Francais
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Shimmer Paper
Ink: Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke, Basic Black, Crumb Cake
Other: Pearls

Have a great day!
Tina

7 comments:

sundown girl said...

Really like this card.

Crafty Crystal's Corner said...

Tina you have no clue as to who I am but I am always so inspired by your cards...you have the same taste as I do.

However what a smartypants you are to use the other flower in that set for the leaves.....CASING for sure....thanks for sharing your talent and brain

crystal

Allison said...

Looks great! Love the colours!

Donna Heber said...

Pretty card. Love the blue rose.

Kristin Moore said...

This is stunning, even without your technique you didn't use! Left you an award on my blog post here: http://sunshinesmilesstamps.blogspot.com/2011/01/well-ive-got-another-valentine-for-you.html.

Thanks for always inspiriing me!

Renée said...

beautiful, Tina!

Diane M said...

Love this card, and especially when I realized you'd used the other flower in the set for the leaves! Brilliant idea!